Web Developer (Paddy Power)
- IT & Technology
- Paddy Power
The Technology department within Paddy Power solves challenges that are truly unique in complexity and scale. The Group has retail, B2B, B2C and e-commerce dimensions. It has a global network of retail outlets, high volume real-time trading applications and mission critical websites. It sells live price feeds into some of the largest gaming operators in the world. The technology function, which comprises a wide range of skill sets, will double in size in the coming year.
Reporting to the Web Development Manager, and based in Dublin, this is an outstanding opportunity for a strong Web Developer to join Paddy Power’s business-critical e-Commerce team.
The successful candidate will work very closely with the business, and use the latest technologies to create real business impact, whether creating brand new, industry-leading websites, or taking existing online products to customers’ mobiles or tablets.
- Working closely with technical and business teams to ensure excellence at each stage of the web development lifecycle, producing secure, scalable, high volume web applications from functional specifications, through design, documentation, to proactively helping resolve technical issues
- Developing and delivering world-class, innovative online software as part of a high performing web development team
- Adapting and constantly improving approaches to front end development and usability to ensure best possible functionality - scalable front-end software that has real commercial impact
- Working closely with technical and business teams to ensure excellence at each stage of the web development lifecycle, from producing HTML templates from functional specifications, through design, documentation, to proactively helping resolve technical issues
Desired Skills & Experience
- Proven aptitude for Programming, System Analysis and Design, gained over at least five years in a Web Development role.
- Demonstrates an ability to prioritise own workload and work to exacting deadlines, while still conforming to high development and web standards.
- Experience in releasing code to live production environments, with a particular emphasis on excellent code optimization and software design principles
- Experience working in a team development environment, using project management tools, bug tracking systems and code repositories such as CVS, Subversion, Mercurial
- Evidence of taking an interest in new technologies, and in a previous role, introducing new or emerging technologies to solve specific business challenges
- Commercial experience with Unix based systems as well as Apache
- Excellent code optimization and software design principles as well as excellent analytical skills required
- Experience working with Actionscript, FLEX and Flash is beneficial
- 2.1 or higher in a related discipline from a top tier academic institution; Masters a plus
Apply for this role
Why post a job?
- Free and easy!
- Displayed for 90 days
- Shared with our followers
- Reach industry enthusiasts!
Post your job
Jobs in iGaming is the first job board for the iGaming industry: Online Casino, Betting, Trading and Poker jobs.
We work hard to show you the most attractive vacancies from the best employers in iGaming. All vacancies come directly from the employers, which means you won't find any recruiter vacancies here. All applications are sent directly to the employer. We believe that the job seeker comes first.
Weekly Jobs Update
Get updated with the latest iGaming Jobs send freshly to your inbox every week.