Ruby on Rails Developer (Paddy Power)
- IT & Technology
- Paddy Power
Paddy Power is looking for a talented Ruby on Rails developer to work with the BetDash.com team. We are an exciting new product within the company, revolutionizing the world of sports betting by using the super-engaging elements of social gaming to take a sportsbook where it has never been before. The BetDash team is unique within the company, in that we own our own product development. You will play an integral role and contribute directly to crafting a product that delights our customers.
Main duties & responsibilities
- Development of software for the BetDash.com social betting game game elements, backend systems, operational components youll be involved in it all
- Collaborate on the design of the software based on requirements coming from the product manager
- Contribute clean, maintainable code to the product - ensuring that all code developed is adequately unit tested
- Contribute to continually improving the software development processes of the BetDash team
- Contribute to the evolution of the overall product/system architecture
- Optimising code for performance and scalability
- Troubleshooting issues in the production environment
- Excellent Ruby on Rails skills
- Knowledge of SQL and database structures - we use MySQL and Redis
- Experience with testing frameworks we use RSpec, FactoryGirl, Cucumber, Capybara, and Evergreen
- Experience with related technologies we use memcached, Resque, Passenger and Pusher
- Experience working in an agile environment we use short sprints and deploy to production multiple times/week
- Knowledge of Linux, MacOS X, or other *nix environment
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skillset
- Bonus points for previous experience with Rails 3.1, SASS, HAML, CoffeeScript, and similar emerging technologies
- Excels at working in a collaborative environment with motivated design and development teams
- Knowledge of gambling and interest in sport an advantage, but not a necessity
Education & Experience
- Bachelors Degree in computer science or related discipline
- GitHub profile or other examples demonstrating the essential competencies
- Minimum 3+ years experience of working in software development
- Experience with online games development and/or working in startup environment advantageous
Apply for this role
Why post a job?
- Free and easy!
- Displayed for 90 days
- Shared with our followers
- Reach industry enthusiasts!
Post your job
Jobs in iGaming is the first job board for the iGaming industry: Online Casino, Betting, Trading and Poker jobs.
We work hard to show you the most attractive vacancies from the best employers in iGaming. All vacancies come directly from the employers, which means you won't find any recruiter vacancies here. All applications are sent directly to the employer. We believe that the job seeker comes first.
Weekly Jobs Update
Get updated with the latest iGaming Jobs send freshly to your inbox every week.