Research Analyst (PokerStars)
London, United Kingdom
The Research Analyst will have the responsibility for helping formulate and implement a research strategy to gain valuable insight of the PokerStars’ player base and the poker market as a whole via market and marketing research, segmentation and brand analysis. This insight will be an integral part of driving the business requirements for the continued improvement of the customer experience, ensuring that PokerStars maintains the best offering in online poker. Under the guidance of the Senior Research Services Manager, the Research Analyst will take ownership of the internal survey process and tools to offer the business as whole actionable and meaningful surveys. In addition, the Research Analyst will work closely with the quantative section of the Business Intelligence Department, as well as CRM, Branding, and other Marketing areas to quantify the performance of current and historic marketing activities, and utilise optimisation techniques to maximise ROI.
The Research Analyst should have a sound background in marketing/ market research and analysis, from a similar client position or from a market research agency. The candidate should know or have used an array of different surveying / analytical tools and approaches e.g. Net Promotor, Fluid Surveys etc. This is a high-visibility role with plenty of variety that will give you exposure to a wide range of challenges, influencing decisions at senior management level.
- Establish best practice for survey methodology within each area of marketing.
- Managing the internal survey process and survey tool
- Establish best practices for building surveys and questionnaires.
- Lead and conduct detailed data analysis, and communicate results & learning’s to senior management and key stakeholders.
- Direct and review market research surveys, incorporating the results into analysis from other diverse sources.
- Drive tool selection to optimise survey & post analysis.
- Deliver input to optimize customer experience platform development and usage.
- Standardise and document procedures and practices for others.
- Create a repository of market knowledge that can be fed into various decision making processes.
Skills and Capabilities
- Provide the analytical expertise required to enable optimisation of existing PPC campaigns to include carrying out tasks within well defined guidelines and following set down procedures such as keyword research and expansion, text ad testing.
- Budget tracking and monitoring to ensure spend levels are not exceeded and providing regular and adhoc reporting of budget status.
- Bid management - following defined processes and working within the parameters set to ensure bids are successfully made to achieve optimum placing of our products online.
- Basic A/B testing of adverts.
- Providing support and input into PPC strategy
- Attend weekly meetings with PPC team to discuss current and upcoming projects and tasks and to note and coordinate actions from this as appropriate.
- Within the remit of the role, identify and present opportunities for campaign and business growth.
- Provide regular monthly and annual analysis reports in various areas of PPC.
- Provide administration and coordination support to the department as a whole.
- Bachelors’ or advanced degree with quantatitive experience (i.e. Sciences / Social Sciences) or equivalent.
- Past experience of running surveys, and producing analysis which impacts business decisions.
- Should have proven experience in the area of Market Research / Surveying at client or agency.
- Advanced knowledge of analytic methodologies, and question forming.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office (Excel & PowerPoint)
- Ability to clearly communicate ideas and results to non-technical business people, both written and orally.
- A creative and innovative mind, with a passion for research and the software tools to deliver this.
- Ability to function as a self-starter with an emphasis on getting things done.
- Good knowledge of the online gaming industry, particularly industry specific marketing channels and offers.
- Knowledge SPSS / SAS.
- Good knowledge of social networks and their underlying technology.
- Knowledge of ‘net promoter’ model.
Who wouldn't want to work for the largest poker brand in the world? PokerStars is a brand of the Rational Group, owning Full Tilt Poker and some of the best known poker tournaments like EPT.
View PokerStars profile
Apply for this role
Why post a job?
- Free and easy!
- Displayed for 90 days
- Shared with our followers
- Reach industry enthusiasts!
Post your job
Jobs in iGaming is the first job board for the iGaming industry: Online Casino, Betting, Trading and Poker jobs.
We work hard to show you the most attractive vacancies from the best employers in iGaming. All vacancies come directly from the employers, which means you won't find any recruiter vacancies here. All applications are sent directly to the employer. We believe that the job seeker comes first.
Weekly Jobs Update
Get updated with the latest iGaming Jobs send freshly to your inbox every week.