IP Legal Counsel (PokerStars)
Isle of Man
The successful candidate will assume responsibility for the protection and exploitation of all of the Rational Group’s IP rights. This includes management of the Group’s portfolio of trademarks, domain names and patents, as well as providing advice on all aspects of the Group’s other IP such as copyrights, database rights and confidential information. The candidate will be expected to work closely with the marketing and product departments to provide strategic advice on the development of new brands, and the IT development team on the protection of inventions. The role also requires the ability to work proactively with internal departments to run seminars designed to educate non-lawyers on a variety of IP issues.
- To provide first class IP legal advice to all departments
- Work with the brand and advertising team to provide global brand management strategy
- Work with the IT development team to provide an effective global patent protection and enforcement strategy
- Build in-house expertise on brand management solutions
- Produce IP legal documents and high quality IP SFPs
- Work closely with third party law firms and trade mark agents around the world
- Provide internal seminars on key IP legal issues
- To manage domain name recovery and file UDRP/Nominet claims
- Provide day to day management of the trade mark portfolio
- Provide day to day management of the patent portfolio
- Provide day to day management of all IP litigation
- Assist with other legal and regulatory matters
- Support and develop junior members of the internal legal team
- Desired Skills & Experience
Skills and Capabilities
- A minimum of 2-3 years PQE in private practice or in-house as an IP specialist
- Proven trade mark and patent prosecution experience
- Domain name recovery experience
- Proven IP litigation experience in an e-commerce setting
- Ability to work independently
- In-house experience in an internet gaming company
Who wouldn't want to work for the largest poker brand in the world? PokerStars is a brand of the Rational Group, owning Full Tilt Poker and some of the best known poker tournaments like EPT.
View PokerStars profile
Apply for this role
Why post a job?
- Free and easy!
- Displayed for 90 days
- Shared with our followers
- Reach industry enthusiasts!
Post your job
Jobs in iGaming is the first job board for the iGaming industry: Online Casino, Betting, Trading and Poker jobs.
We work hard to show you the most attractive vacancies from the best employers in iGaming. All vacancies come directly from the employers, which means you won't find any recruiter vacancies here. All applications are sent directly to the employer. We believe that the job seeker comes first.
Weekly Jobs Update
Get updated with the latest iGaming Jobs send freshly to your inbox every week.