Insight Manager (Paddy Power)
London, United Kingdom
- Paddy Power
Paddy Power’s success has been built upon a sustained focus on product innovation, value for customers and brand differentiation. Through this strategy, PaddyPower has developed a strong reputation as “the punter friendly bookmaker”. Being one of the fastest growing, most ambitious and most profitable businesses in the betting and gaming market it wants to continue this expansion.
Key to this will be its ability to truly understand the motivations, desires and attitudes of its current customers, ex-customers and future prospects. PaddyPower has a huge quantitative behavioural database from which a large amount of transactional information is gleamed. There is also an established Customer Intelligence Team that sits within the Online team who provide analysis, modelling and research projects to that E325m business division. A User Experience team within Online also ensure that the functionality of our mobile and online products is maximised.
The Insight team within Marketing is being developed to provide a more holistic view of consumer and market understanding that will not only help the brand develop but provide context to the other data, analytical and research outputs that already exist in the business. By uncovering and understanding the motivations and attitudes of its customers and prospects, the business can successfully meet its future growth aspirations.
Purpose of the Role
- Overall, to turn deep consumer insights into action and become the clear point of contact as the objective voice of the consumer
- Enable the Marketing team to make the best possible strategic decisions in response to relevant consumer and market insight
- To develop and deliver world class insight to the whole of PaddyPower in order to better understand market and consumer motivations
- To actively provoke and facilitate action from contextualised insight that drives the business forward
Engage with others across the wider business (both providers and stakeholders) on their own terms to be successful
- Act as the objective “voice of the consumer” within the PaddyPower organisation and work as part of the team to bring consumer based insight to the heart of decision making at all levels
- Execute the sourcing, collection, analysis, interpretation and sharing of all customer and market research and insight within the organisation
- Identify the on-going and project based research requirements for the Marketing team and the wider company in conjunction with the Insight Director
- Develop actionable business, consumer and customer insights using market data, consumer data and research from across the business
- Select and manage the agencies that will be employed to undertake certain pieces of work
- Network and collaborate effectively in a multi-product, matrix organisation to ensure that all information is contexualised into insight and placed at the heart of all business decisions
Specific Role Responsibilities
- Work across a wide range of projects – both qualitative and quantitative - to meet the needs of the business
- Including, but not restricted to, Segmentation, Industry Tracking, Brand Equity Tracking, Customer
- Experience, Dashboard & Reporting
- Creative Testing – management and development of qualitative creative development research
- Customer Closeness – develop and manage an innovative programme of events that will see the Senior
- Management Group of Paddy Power regularly personally interact with customers and consumers
- Develop, maintain and communicate the knowledge base we hold around Competitor Intelligence
- Undertake ad-hoc projects as necessary to meet business requirements
- An ability to present information creatively and dynamically as well as experience of, and interest in, data visualisation
Above all, candidates must be able to demonstrate:
- Relevant experience of over-coming fast moving and complex challenges
- Genuine expertise and interest in qualitative assessments of motivations, attitudes and needs alongside
- sound capabilities in quantitative data analysis and interpretation
- Experience of working in a cross functional organisational structure
- Outgoing, dynamic, enthusiastic and challenging personality traits
- High emotional, as well as intellectual, intelligence traits
- Highly numerical/analytical graduate from a leading educational establishment
- Demonstrable insight experience from a blue chip client, agency or consultancy
- Track record of development and presentation of impactful consumer and business based insight from observation, data and research
- Outgoing, dynamic, enthusiastic, high energy and challenging team member
- Ability to lead and motivate whilst also being emotionally engaged and grounded
- Genuine, streetwise and tough in spirit – optimistic and positive but not arrogant
- Demonstrable experience of coaching and advising colleagues on best in practise methodology
- Ability to motivate, manage, lead, coach and inspire agency partners
- Management skills developed in a cross-functional organisational structure
- Outstanding strategic capability combined with ability to make things happen, graft and genuinely deliver. A self-starter
- Demonstrable “cut through” thinking and ability to manage complexity in a cross-functional structure
- Able to decipher, define and embed systems and process within PaddyPower
- Creative and proactive enough to challenge the status quo with a natural curiosity and inquisitive nature
- Highly organised in a dynamic, entrepreneurial, fast moving and changing environment
- Potential to be a future team leader
- Passion for continuous improvement
- Key Relationships
Apply for this role
Why post a job?
- Free and easy!
- Displayed for 90 days
- Shared with our followers
- Reach industry enthusiasts!
Post your job
Jobs in iGaming is the first job board for the iGaming industry: Online Casino, Betting, Trading and Poker jobs.
We work hard to show you the most attractive vacancies from the best employers in iGaming. All vacancies come directly from the employers, which means you won't find any recruiter vacancies here. All applications are sent directly to the employer. We believe that the job seeker comes first.
Weekly Jobs Update
Get updated with the latest iGaming Jobs send freshly to your inbox every week.